Wednesday 7 May 2014

ERIC'S DIARY - The Tale of XIII

I am a Gladiator of my word, and invited those on Server 9 to share tales/stories/experiences with the rest of the Gladiatus world. 
Eric contacted one of our reporters with a story from his perspective, and as the story was handed over freely, I will present it to you from Eric's viewpoint.





ERIC'S DIARY - The Tale of XIII
Part 1 of 2 
This in the story of how Brasky has destroyed a once proud guild. And why I say he is the worst GM of all time.
Some of you may know, and some probably do not know. That I used to be a member of the guild XIII. Actually at one point I was Guildmaster of XIII.
This Is the story of why I am no longer a member of XIII. And why XIII is a shell of the guild they used to be.
First a brief history of the guild XIII. As I know.
I was not always a member of XIII. So I do not know the entire history of that guild. I was a member for 5 years so I can comment on what I do know.
When I joined XIII it was the #1 guild on what was server 1.
These events happened before I joined XIII.

XIII was founded by Lucius Vorenus  who was the top gladiator on server 1. And all of the us. servers for a very long time.
Now I do not know the reasoning behind the rift but at some point Brasky became the Guildmaster of XIII and booted, or caused LV to leave XIII and start the new guild SPQR.
Causing the members of XIII to chose sides and some left XIII and joined SPQR.
The rivalry between XIII and SPQR has been going on since. About 4 years ago. the guild SPQR through forum upgrades, and cultivating friendships in other guilds.  Began dominating XIII in guild battles. That has continued to this day.
Since that began, Brasky has made it his personal quest to retake the #1 spot from SPQR. 

Now over the last 4 years. SPQR has stayed at least a step ahead of XIII.
SPQR was the first guild on server 1 to have a level 15 training ground. and has had a higher level forum then XIII. Brasky has been on a constant drive to upgrade XIII to catch up with SPQR. with matching the training ground level. and trying to equal SPQR forum level.
Now to this point there is nothing wrong with that.
Who doesn't want to be in the number 1 guild? this is where things get crazy and egomaniacal.
Brasky wanted to do back to back forum upgrades. And the problem with that, is that they cost more and more gold as the levels increase.

I was an admin in XIII, and had many a low level glad messaging me saying these upgrades are killing them. An upgrade that cost say 140 million to complete and asking a level 30 or 40 glad to not train for 2 weeks or 4 weeks makes a huge difference to them in the arena.
Not training at low levels makes the game hard to enjoy because you can't win. I had level 39 glads who owned their arena. But after an upgrade were level 49 who couldn't crack the top 20 because they were not allowed to train. No wonder they quit the game.
and right after an forum upgrade was completed Brasky was talking about doing another.
I private messaged Brasky telling him, my and the lower level glads concerns, with doing upgrade after upgrade.

And he responded that glads come and go all the time from this game. Why not take advantage of them and bleed them dry. Who cares if their stats suffer as long as we get our upgrades done.
I Disagreed with him, and told him the way to beat SPQR was not to have the same number glads as them or even more.
What's the point of having more glads then SPQR, if they are all weak glads. And that we as the leadership here, have a obligation to the glads in this guild to help them be the best glads they can be. We are not looking out for their best interests by forcing them to forgo training and give all their gold to the guild. 

What we should be doing is encouraging them to train. And be the dominate glads at their level. making the game fun for them. And maybe they will be the next wave of the top glads in this game.
which he disagreed.

Part 2 of 2
So when the time came. For Brasky to decide to upgrade the forum to level 17 at I don't know what cost. I told the guild in guildmail. That I would not be participating in the donation drive to upgrade the forum.
And with the merger looming it would best serve the Glads in this guild to train! Because after the merger there will be a whole lot more competition.
And that I hope the other glads will follow suit. Especially the lower level glads for, it is them that suffers the most.

Most agreed with me. So in response Brasky booted me.
I can only assume that Brasky told the others that if they don't want to be guild-less like me, they need to donate to the forum upgrade.
Now I ask you if you are trying to catch a rival guild. Would you boot a top glad in your guild to do so?
And for the record. at the time of my booting I was the top glad on what was server 1 in high score and the top glad in highscore on all US servers.
Now we come to the failed attempt to upgrade the forum to level 18.

This is Pre-merger.
Before the attempt to upgrade the forum to level 18. Brasky informs the guild, that they are going to upgrade the forum.
To that a handful of glads say no. basically brasky says they have a choice do it or leave. To that effect Evka, Semi/chanel (now spainard) denastes1 and on other glad I think leaves XIII to go to SPQR.
so Brasky loses atleast 5 high level glads and still continues to go ahead with the upgrade.

Again I ask whats the point of upgrading the forum, to catch another guild. If you lose 5 higher level glads to the same guild your trying to catch?
How does that reasoning work in his mind?
But his ego blindly forces him onwards in the upgrade.
With most of the high level glads either gone to SPQR, or inactive and joined with a bunch of low levels. Who don't make the same amount of gold as a higher level. Brasky forces his guild members to forgo training for at least 3 months to upgrade the forum at a cost of 330 million gold.
Now I was told that as the donation drive progressed, glads went inactive. And donated there gold to the bank. before going dark.
Now again I say do you blame them for going inactive?
3 months of not training for a glad under level 80 is huge! After a month or 2 they just turned into farms for every glad in their range!
What fun is that. Who wouldn't give up on this game if that was happening to them.
So Post-merger there are all these new guilds. And XIII has all this gold just dangling for all these other guilds to see. Begging to be raided.

Which eventually we all know, that the guild WRT took the bait. And raided over 50 million for XIII.
So Brasky failed his guild by not only forcing or intimidating them into not training for at least 3 months. They have nothing to even show for it. Except a new bath house and lesser buildings.
No bigger forum! All wasted for nothing!
For what?  To satisfy Brasky's ego in being able to claim he is GM of the number 1 guild?
Now they aren't even in the top 5. And I won't be surprised if that goes lower.
If Brasky was thinking clearly he would of waited until after the merger. Maybe even a few months after.
He could of kept his high level glads that left for SPQR. Maybe even recruited high level glads from other guilds. And maybe the Lower levels would of had time to gain levels, become strong. Make more gold to donate.
Brasky not only failed himself he failed every Member of XIII. By not looking out for their best interests!
Of this failing I don't see how XIII can ever recover from it. What outside glad would join them now?
How long will their current glads stay there or active?
And for this I submit Brasky is the worst GM of all time. And single handedly destroyed, A once proud guild!







Thank you for the story Eric, but It still doesn't mean that I won't mess with you down the line. ;)
For those that would like to contribute, please contact NVLFAN or News_Reporter


Chief_Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment