Sunday 4 May 2014

Profile Guild Master (1) - Kimbus - Guild Master of THE_LIONS_DEN [THE_DEN]



Below is an interview with Kimbus, the Guild Master for the current number 1 ranked Guild on the Gladiatus US Server.









Q - Do you have any gladiatus mentors? If so, who is it and what do you admire most about them?

A - I wish that I did, but unfortunately I had to just learn on the fly.This was the first and only glad that I've played.

Q - Is it difficult to balance game play with worklife? and how do you cope?

A - I enjoy playing and try to plan for when I'll be away from the game so it doesn't hurt my glad or our guild too much.

Q - How much time do you spend playing?

A - That varies greatly, but usually when I'm watching tv or movies I have my laptop around.  Playing from my phone is good when I'm away as well.I wish there was an app for gladiatus though.

Q - What do you think your greatest achievement in the game is?

A - No question it is The Lions Den.  I founded it when I was level 5 and we stumbled and learned from our mistakes, added some really great people to help grow into what we are today.

Q - What is your advice for any newcomer?

A - Make friends.  The game isn't fun without them.  Also, don't worry about selling food and all of that stuff.  Level as fast as you can and protect your gold and you'll be just fine. Also, set goals.  Short and long term. This is very important.

Q - How do you inspire others?

A - Hopefully I do, but basically I just try to lead by example and let everybody do their own thing while still meshing as a team.

Q - Who is your right-hand man?

A - My right hand man?-No doubt here.  It's Sentinel.  I introduced myself to him and asked him to join our little guild when we were both around level 20.  He's always there to help anybody.  The Den would not be what it is today without him.  That being said, we have numerous really good people here.  Too many to name.

Q - What guilds do you support and oppose, and why..

A - I have friends in many guilds and I support them all whenever possible.  I oppose any guilds that band together to try to pick on another guild.  We're a relatively passive bunch.  We'll never be forced into a fight that we don't want to be in.  Also, we're usually about fair play, BUT if somebody tries to mess with us, we'll do whatever is needed to discourage them from doing it again.  This is why we declared on the members of Retributions parent guilds.  This will continue to be our policy going forward.

Q - If you had to write something about your guild that could inspire others to join, what would it be?

A - I firmly believe that you won't find a better group of people than we have here in The Den.  Members are from all over the world.  People are friendly and helpful.  Simply put, they make a great team.  Drama free, fun, helpful...not sure what else a person would look for in a game.

Q - What are the goals for your guild?

A - To continue to have fun and work as a team to become as big and strong as possible.

Q - What are your next Personal Goals?

A - I'm a numbers guy and now that I finally got my base charisma to 600, my next goal is 100 million in honour.

Thank you Kimbus. There was a recent debate on the Gladiatus forum regarding what makes a guild number one. When the topic came up, I had already made up my mind how it was calculated, "If you clicked on Highscore + Guild, then the guild at the top of the list (Honor) is number one." Right?
So I read the arguments for and against but what was interesting was the reference to the "Guild Master" being the reason for a guilds success. In my opinion, you look to have the most well organized guild on the server. You not only have members willing to donate at a rate of knots, you seem to have the pick of the litter in terms of high level gladiators. Most guilds since the merger rely alot on Multi's to ensure that they remain in the running as one of the strongest guilds, however you seem to have a perfect balance. Congratulation on your achievements to date, you not only have the number 1 guild on the server, you have lead by example and currently have the number 1 gladiator.

Thanks to news_reporter for sourcing the interview
Keep up the good work 

Chief_Rat

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on this! How is the "war" going with SPQR?

    ReplyDelete