Wednesday 7 May 2014

Eric's Mystery Invitation



On Monday, eric made a statement in SPQR. Now, all I have heard over the last few weeks is how SPQR_RAT changes the messages to tailor his/her needs and  so on. So again I say, I have never altered a story, and in this particular case, and although it eventually took 2 days to get confirmation out of Eric, RomanKind and Kimbus, we finally have this statement sold.




"Mon, 05/05/2014 - 12:14:41 Guild message from: eric93! thanks Dice! According to romankind he told me that kimbus was going to extend an invite to me to join them. Before this happened. I regret that he didn't because it would of been nice to reject him. I don't know anything about kimbus other then some glads here have issues with him. the only reason I wanted to go after den was because he said server 7 was the best. I am loyal to server1 and after he declared war against us and wrt. that motivated me most. but after reading his interview. the only other thing I know about him is he is truly BORING :)"

One of our correspondents eventually tracked down RomanKind and ask him for his comments on the above. Although he was initially apprehensive, he confirmed Erics statement as per the below:

Wed, 05/07/2014 - 12:08:17         Message romankind6 | Subject: In Response to Statement
Yes, I can confirm that I told Eric that I recommend to Kimbus that he should  approach Eric, as I believed at the time that he would have been a good addition to "The_Den". I told Kimbus that I was a Gladiator in WRT at the time, and that I thought that Eric’s actions were  honourable, however was not on speaking terms with him. Since then, I have spoken to Eric on a few occasions, and I do enjoy our conversations. Unfortunately, Kimbus spoke to Eric, and didn't believe that he was the right fit for the guild. I trust Kimbus's ability to read people, and so far his instinct has not lead him astray. He has built an incredibly strong guild, and everything runs like clockwork.

We took it a step further and asked Kimbus to comment on our findings:

Wed, 05/07/2014 - 15:32:37         Message Kimbus | Subject:
Yes, RomanKind approached me, and asked if I could talk Eric into joining “The Lions Den”, however before I could make such a decision, I believe it is important to get to know the person first. I contacted Eric (Via another Gladiator of mine), and my immediate intuition suggested that he was somewhat obtuse and apathetic. This resulted in my decision to withdraw my extension of the olive branch and eric never received an invitation to join.

Alright Eric, this reminds me of a saying: “A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.”

Chief_Rat

1 comment:

  1. ha ha obtuse and apathetic.

    I said they WERE. i never said they did invite me. I don't recall Kimbus contacting me, or if you did, the capacity of that conversation.

    Most people I do converse with, meaning I reply back to. I do my best to engage in the conversation.
    My question would be were these statements said before or after, Kimbus read what I wrote about not joining his guild?

    ReplyDelete