Tuesday 6 May 2014

Guild Leader for the month of April - Sir_PALERIDER

Following his Guilds raid of over 50 Million in the recent Guild wars against XIII, Sir_Palerider has been nominated as Guild Leader of the Month. Congratulations and Well Done on your achievement.










Q - Do you have any gladiatus mentors? If so, who is it and what do you admire most about them?   

A - I have a whole guild full of mentors.  I learn something from everyone in our guild, as I hope they learn something from me. 

Q - How much time do you spend playing?    

A - Too much! 

Q - What do you think your greatest achievement in the game is?   

A - The greatest achievement I have been a part of is WRT.  However, I can’t claim that alone.  I created WRT at level 5, but everyone, past and present, has contributed to where we are now.   

Q - What is your advice for any newcomer?   

A - Find a good guild.  The only reason I still play this game is because of the people I have met along the way, people I would consider true friends 

Q - How do you inspire others?   

A - There are a couple of things I do to inspire others, be respectful and treat everyone with dignity. If you do those two things, people will want to be by your side. 

Q - Who is your right-hand man?   

A - I have 44 right hand men and woman, and they are all in WRT! 

Q - What guilds do you support and oppose, and why..   

A - I have a lot of respect for several individuals, but not necessarily for other guilds.  There are some guilds that I will help out, no matter the cause, and those guilds are original S4 guilds, Order9 and SOA. 

Q - What is your next goal both personal and guild related.
   
A - My personal goals are to train my glad to be stronger (everyone’s goal), and my goals for WRT are to strengthen our core, and continue to make the guild a fun place to be.  I will be running some guild competitions soon that will draw the eyes of the server, but they will be fun. 

Q - What glad would you like to go have a beer with?  

A - Everyone in WRT, I believe I will get to meet a couple of them this summer, and have a cold one, and I feel very fortunate to have met such charismatic people. 

Q - What glad do you wish would just quit the game already?  

A - Hmmmm, good question, but easier to answer then I thought.  If Green_Smoke/RogerCeasar would quit the game I think ALL guilds and glads would prosper.  There is no need to have that type of playing style in gladiatus. 

Q - If you had to write something about your guild that could inspire others to join, what would it be?  

A - WRT is a great guild, full of people that love to talk.  We get a bit carried away at times, and the language can be quite vulgar, but we have fun.  If you’re interested in joining the most talkative guild on the server, we are the guild for you.  However, if you’re a quiet glad, then perhaps we aren’t a good fit.

Notes:
Sir_PALERIDER and I spoke for a bit.  He was surprised that I would be the one asking the questions after what I said in the Blog.  After speaking with him, I think he is a reasonable, clearly has a sense of humor or he would have pounded on me by now! and a fair leader. 
His comments are: Can you please post this as a response to your comment on our guild raids? 
I don't see any difference in what we did compared to what xiii did.  They dropped glads out to lower their level to avoid getting raided, and we dropped our average level by having our bigger glads leave.  I liken this to true military combat.  Would you take someone who is weak on a mission, or would you wait for them to heal?  The answer is quit simple.  As far as the respect of our players, they left, and they are all back now.  Most of those glads weren't kicked, they stepped out for the raids.  We are a team, and everyone saw the big picture, and that was 51 million in gold!  Not everyone will agree with our approach, but I would do it again for that kind of gold.  I do feel a little sympathy for xiii, but I would expect the same thing to happen to WRT if the roles were reversed.

NVLFAN: Kind of hard for me to argue those points.  Well thought out.


Thank you NVLFAN for reporting on the interview with Sir_Palerider.
Sir_Palerider, your activity in the game and on the forum is one of the reasons I am so fond of the work you do. You definelty promote teamwork and activity, and for that we are thankful. You are a worthy winner of our "Guild Leader for the month of April" award. Based on your comments, I can only but agree that you had a fine strategy that was executed perfectly.


Chief_Rat

4 comments:

  1. I am very humbled by the thought someone thinks I am GM of the month, but in reality it should be WRT is the guild of the month, the events that unfolded are due to the guild as a whole, and others that came to help, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that you are correct. I may still change the title of the post.
    Thank you so much for doing the interview.
    I understand that you had doubts going into the interview, however hopefully you can acknowledge that we post only the facts and will be open to more corresponding down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can confirm that not one word of my interview was changed, and that I did have apprehensions regarding the interview. In no way, shape, or form did I want to disrespect any players, or guilds (to include XIII). I thank the entire blog team for keeping facts and opinions straight, and for allowing a place for glads to speak freely of those beliefs they hold to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW the hell did I miss this post too?!

    Let us exalt Sir_Palerider for his courage and character.
    Congratulations to you and yours Sir_Palerider.

    Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete