Wednesday 7 May 2014

Women of Gladiatus! - Leila

Women of Gladiatus!  Who better to start with than Leila!











Q - Do you have any gladiatus mentors? If so, who is it and what do you admire most about them? 

A - I have been around here for many years so there have been several  main gladiator mentors that really stand out in my mind. The first one was CanadianBeaver. He had the guild "The Beavers" and after he retired he turned it over to me.I was in awe of him. To me at that time he was unbeatable and 
no one wanted to anger him. He was a great leader and a person with many principles. He taught me a lot about the game but he also taught me a lot about life. CanadianBeaver was a man with some very wise and deep thoughts. I miss him very much.Next would be JohnnyMac. He has helped me so much and in so many ways. There are so many things I admire about him. He is a great player and he loves playing which shows.Johnny is a wonderful guild Master. I admire him for always staying true to himself. He is very dedicated when he is in a guild, honest, answers questions and helps with large 
contributions. He helps anyone he can with not just game issues but any issue they might have. He cares about people. Johnny plays the game for many reasons but one of them is because he really considers people he has met here as a friend and he has a great respect for friendship. He is indeed a man of great honor and a wonderful friend. 


Q - How much time do you spend playing? 

A - Well I do not play as much as I did. The game has changed so much over the years that a few times I have thought about not playing. The mergers have made it interesting and challenging at times which has helped. I am online daily, just not that long of period at a time. I probably log into each of my 3 glads 3 or 4 times a day for 15-30 mins. each time. When we have something special going on or a donation drive of course I am here for longer periods of time.

Q - What do you think your greatest achievement in the game is?  

A - Well it sure is not my playing style or knowledge of how to build the best gladiator. I would say it has been my ability to follow my "gut" feeling. I am rather good at getting like a true instinct on a person or a situation.I am usually right...usually I said. I made a mistake trusting someone here once and his true colors came out.You can learn a lot about a person by just sitting back and 
watching and letting them talk. 


Q - What is your advice for any newcomer? 


A - I think in any game the biggest mistake most make, and I have made is just jumping in and not really know what I am  doing. This can get your gladiator off on a bad start. I would advice anyone just starting to first go to the forum. Read all the rules, know what you can and can not do. Read 
things people write about things and look at how they respect or do not respect others. You are going to want to find a mentor and a very good guild. Be cautious, ask questions. The most important thing I could pass on to new players is to remember that stats are forever but your gear will change as you grow. Get those stats up and in the long run this will help you very much. Of course if you can 
afford it the rubies are very nice but this game can be played and enjoyed without them.


Q - How do you inspire others?  

A - I do not know if I do inspire others but I would like to think I do. I am just who I am and I try to treat others  the way I would like to be treated. I try to bring some humor into the game when I can just to hopefully put at least one smile on someones face.

Q - Who is your right-hand man?

A - JohnnyMac..he is my right and left hand man. Where he goes I go. We are a team.

Q - What guilds do you support and oppose, and why?

A - I am  Nicoleta on s8 and in the guild Family of Blood. I am Leila(7) on s7 and a member of The Lions Den and Leila(5) on S7 where I am a member of Barbarians (Horde). Of course I support all 3 of these guilds. I also own The Beavers but I am not a member officially there. I do not really oppose 
any guild. I have many friends in many different guilds. I respect all their hard work and efforts. Most people on here are very nice if you just take the time to get to know them and it is hard to oppose them for playing a fighting game. 


Q - What is your next goal both personal and guild related.

A - My guild goals are to be more active and to find better gear for my gladiators. My personal goals are hard for me right now. I have had some trouble having a goal for anything since my son and 
only child died 3 years ago as well as my father. I had already lost my mother many years ago.  I struggle with this daily. So my personal goal is to try and find some reason to smile each day, to try and find a purpose.


Q -What glad would you like to go have a beer with? 

A - What?? Just one glad? lol..I would love to have a beer with JohnnyMac and also with Kimbus (if they are buying) I really have a long list of people I would like to have a beer with or a glass of wine. There are some very interesting people in my guilds and I think it would be fun to really know some of them.

Q -What glad do you wish would just quit the game already? 

A - I really can not think of anyone at this time. As I said I really like most people here and I look forward to getting to know more new people. 

Q - If you had to write something about your guild that could inspire others to join, what would it be?  

A - This is sort of hard to respond to since I am in 3 guilds. Each guild I am in has something unique to offer as well as the Masters of these guilds. I love the guild Barbarians because JohnnyMac has that guild and he is gearing it a lot to helping new people.There are a lot of experienced people 
in there but he wants the new and lower levels that are active and wanting to learn. I like that about Johnny. He treats all as equals. It doesnt matter if you are a level 5 or a level 105, you will have a say and be respected in his guild.Now I am also in the top guild The Lions Den. This is a great guild and I have to say Kimbus is indeed a great Master. I like his style of running a guild but we do cater 
to the higher levels. But even being a higher level guild does not mean you do not have things to learn. The Den is very helpful if you need help and its a great place.The other guild Family of Blood is sort of inbetween. It is a good mixture of high and lower level players. Its a guild that has been around a long time. A lot of the original players of the Blood Family have retired from the game and it got a bit dormant. JohnnyMac is also Master there and has been doing a great job of working to get it back up to speed. I love all my guilds so I would say you can not go wrong with any of the 3. It just depends on where you feel the most comfortable and how much interaction you want. I am just proud to be a part of all three. All 3 are lead by men who I have so much respect and admiration for..so come put your applications in.  



WOW - What can I say - "I AM A FAN"
Just love the fact that Leila was able to share so much with us.
If you see this Lady in the game, tell her how much your enjoyed getting to know her.

Thank you Leila for affording us the time to get to know you.
Thank you NVLFAN for sourcing and reporting this story,
Great Job allround

Chief_Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment